Maintenance & Facilities
Director of Facilities and Maintenance
Phone | 503-864-2215
The Facilities Department is responsible for building maintenance and operations. The department oversees all maintenance, custodial, construction, and bond projects. The Facilities Dept. partners with our Technology Dept. to manage access control, security cameras, and alarm systems.
Buildings within the Dayton School District are available for rental. Use of District spaces is subject to board policy KD - Community Use of School District Facilities and Grounds and administrator approval. Please complete the form below and submit it to the building administrator.
The Dayton community supported and passed a school bond in 2019. With the help of the District Facilities Committee and the Dayton School Board, 28 projects across the district were prioritized. These included the following:
- Remove, and dispose of asbestos; repair and replace damaged flooring, ceilings and roofs.
- Upgrade electrical, technology connectivity, plumbing, HVAC, and fire alarm systems.
- Replace inefficient windows insulation and lighting.
- Upgrade security, including reconfiguring offices and entryways to create a more secure school entry with fencing and gate card key access and cameras.
- Renovate, reconfigure, and can instruct additions to the library and classrooms.
- Replace Jr/Sr High Bleachers and track surface.
- Renovate special education classrooms providing ADA restrooms and access.
- Purchase furniture fixtures in equipment.
It was determined that remaining funds would used to develop and addition to the existing CTE building and expanding the agriculture department. Further information about our 2019 School Bond can be found here: https://hmkco.org/daytonbond/